1. Thank you to all of you who have been so kind and enthusiastic about helping me celebrate being finished my writing of the Jane Project. It's been a crazy three and a half years, and heaven only knows whether anyone's actually going to want to publish (or read) it, but I've enjoyed nearly every minute of it - whether a poem took 30 minutes or 30 (or more) hours, it was always a fun challenge.
2. I remain thankful that my poem, "Margaret Rose", is going to be in Mountain Magic: Spellbinding Tales of Appalachia. It will, in fact, be the third item in the book, according to the recently revealed Table of Contents.
3. I am happy to have picked up the latest issue of Writer's Digest, since there on page 15 is a little box listing the poets who placed in the top ten. My mother can now go into a store and see my name in print (#3) - isn't that nice?
4. Over the past two and 1/2 weeks, I've lost 10 pounds. Go me! (Now if only I didn't still have, like, 15 pounds still to go . . . )
5. I have a new project in mind. Nothing so ambitious as the Jane Project, but it promises to be a bit tricksy - and fun!